Dairy free,low fat, high energy bars!
Eat these amazing bars whenever you need a sustained boost of energy. They are dairy free, can be made gluten free (use Doves Farm G.F porridge oats) taste amazing and are full of super ingredients!
Porridge and Coconut oil can lower cholesterol and are thought to be mood enhancers. Oats spur the body to burn fat as energy rather than Glycogen (saving it for later) so you can train longer and they fill you up meaning less snacking. You can change the fruit used in the recipe, add protein powder, tweak the measurements, its pretty flexible.
Oven 180C, Makes 8 Bars, 10 mins prep, 25 mins cooking time.
- 4 Bananas (ripe/black) mashed
- 11 dried apricots, chopped
- 10 prunes, chopped
- 60g sultanas
- 10g cranberries
- 1 dessertspoon Coconut Oil (melted with the honey)
- 1.5 dessertspoon Honey (melted with the oil)
- 160g Oats
1. Mix everything together in a large bowl.
2. Spoon into a greased brownie tin (any tray with high sides, it doesn’t need to fill the pan completely, just push into a square shape, it won’t spread when in the oven)
3. Bake for around 20-25 mins until slightly darker on top.
4. Cut into bars whilst still warm and leave to cool down.
5. Keep in a sealed container in the fridge. Last roughly a week (if they’re lucky)